Gin

Gin

Friday, October 29, 2010

Anime and her again

A wise man once said...nothing. It is better to remain silent and have people think you are stupid, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Unfortunately for me, I spoke.

One of my foolishisms included my ignorance of the best thing in the universe. I recently read up the background and history of Gintama. Some new facts I've learned:

• Edo is actually Tokyo
• Gintama is set in the 1880’s
• Gintoki was originally part of the Shinsengumi until editing changed his character
• Gintama was originally about the Shinsengumi until editing changed the plot

Another anime related fact I just found out is that Kintaro loosely translates to 'golden boy'. My own ignorance of facts amazes and surprises me to no end.

'Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.' ~Confucius

(Oh, and here's a little anime I found http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=7625. Loud out ye shall laugh when you see the title.)

Anyways, the other day I had no pillows. How did this come about you may ask? Well guess who's fault it was again. Correctly you have guessed young apprentice, twas that noob. So my mum has this weird/annoying habit of hanging all the bed related stuff out in the backyard on weekends. It is supposedly meant to 'air' them out. Normally there will be some dust or dirt if it's windy and once in a while some shit of bird. However the other day the weather was bipolar, and decided to storm right after we went shopping. It resulted in all my bedsheets, doona covers and pillows being soaked. Have you ever tried drying a fucking pillow? It's literally like shaking a wet sponge around.

But of all her oddities and retardisms, this one surprised me the most, the fact that she congratulated me on my report. Did she not see the ranks or marks? Maybe I should tell her I'm taking illicit drugs, have got a huge gambling debt, am alcoholic and is expecting child. I've singled the list down to shrooms and angel dust, list being "Things my mum has taken to make her so optimistic." The only other possibility is that miracles can happen. To test this theory, I expect a certain English faculty to explode by Monday, fingers crossed.

Many good and bad things happened in my life in the past couple of days, and as a wise man once said, "When life gives you lemons sell them on ebay." Take advantage of what you have been given, and fulfil it's maximum potential. As the great Gintoki said:

No comments:

Post a Comment