Gin

Gin

Monday, March 28, 2011

More Asian invasion, ties, don't laugh, decent musicians

Interesting fact: The top 3 most common last names in Canada are Lee, Smith and Lam. Asian invasion?

While looking through my clothes the other day, I found my tie lying on the ground. This then led to the thought that it was by far the dirtiest item of clothing I had (since I don't wash my tie every few days (well, never really)). Then I thought about the purpose behind such an item. We clearly don't need it to hold up our shirts, or keep collars tight. So why do we wear one? Post some ideas. But don't give me shit about being 'proper' and neat. That's Alvin-talk.

A great annual event has ended, Gaki no Tsukai's No-laughing Spy was completely subbed last week. A big, expensive and explosive final, but being 18:30 hours long was a bit of a let down. I'll try not to spoil any more for those who plan to watch it.

It's unfortunate that so many shitty artists are being signed by big labels. There are obviously countless musicians/bands that are awesome, but I'll just talk about one today. Jimmy not only has an awesome username, but is an actual decent musician. Ching Chong!, Mario Bros. a capella, and Chinese food are a few good ones to listen to.

Anyway, I have no idea what to do with my belonging visual representation. I've just got so many questions.

I know it's meant to be on cardboard, but how big? Is A4 enough? Do I have enough content? Is it clear? Is it too simple? Is English gay? Bit late to do anything now, but any comments would be cool.


EDIT: Note: the Ruse symbol represents the belonging during high school, the bowl and chopsticks is like 'de Azn wai', the family is obviously family, the uni emblem on the earth shows the other world of tertiary education and the flipped Ruse symbol means the other side of this school: being a teacher.

1 comment: