Gin

Gin

Friday, June 17, 2011

Movies, Comedians, Tutoring and DoTA

If you know the last quote I posted then you'll know I watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off. At first I thought it was a bit overrated but ended up being one of the most enjoyable movies I've watched in recent years. The plot revolves around a boy half way through year 12 (coincidence?) who comes up with an extremely elaborate plot to skip a day of school. He ends up having the most amazing day ever, while escaping his parents', sister's and principal's attempts to catch him. Fantastic movie that is super relatable, despite being 25 years old. I give it 9/10.

Another movie I just watched is My Neighbour Totoro. Expecting a lame child's movie I was surprised by the magic that Miyazaki brings to a simple story with absolutely no plot. Although compared to Walt Disney and Miyazaki's later films, it lacks in both plot and character, but is still worth a watch, even if just for the overly cute Mei. (Looks like you Marshmallow). 8/10

I've been watching some stand-up comedy on Youtube again and have rewatched some of my favourites. Tim Vine is a brilliant one-liner comedian who has the toppest jokes. Dead Cat Bounce is a comedy band with a few songs, but are well worth a listen. I especially liked this one. Tim Minchin is an absolutely genius comedy musician who has some seriously deep and crazy songs but is good for a laugh. Finally my all time favourite comedian has to be Louis C.K. who talks about everyday life while not sounding boring. He also does some TV shows with this clip being one of the best (WARNING: extremely sacreligious not for Catholics).

I've wormed my way out of avoiding chemistry, maths and English tutoring for this weekend, but I still had to give lessons to my primary students. Normally the year six kid is pretty fine 'cos we can have intellectual conversations, but the year two kid can be a bit of a pain. However today he brought an assignment from school which required cutting and pasting. The best hour of fun I've had this year. It really takes me back to when life was just so simple and innocent. Except for a certain negro we all know. (Hint: the guy who got sent to remedial 'cutting' classes).

So since it's been exam week and all I started watching movies and DoTAing like a fucktard. So far I have been raped in every single game I've played. So can anyone who sucks shit please verse me to give me some confidence.

Punchline: Lemon-nades.

Riddle: How many slow pokes can a Slowpoke poke if a slow poke could poke slow?

Convo I had with a guy at Harvey Norman today:

Him: (With a big smile) Sooo it's veerrryyy good if you bought this protection. Full security for 3 years at just $30 a year? Can you get it any cheaper? (In regards to our new computer)
Me: Yes. I can get it for free.
Him: (Fully serious) We will not be responsible for any damage that occurs to your system while using pirated software. If anything goes wrong, it will not be covered at all.

I almost laughed out loud at his face, he looked so pissed.

"I hung a giant ass noose off my giant ass dick" -Shy Ronnie

No comments:

Post a Comment