Gin

Gin

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

University, similes, haggling, pawn

Due to a bad case of can'tbefucked, I've put off doing a lot of things, including exams. Hopefully I'll 'recover' from my illness. Anyways, to get a sense of routine, I've decided to only blog on Wednesdays.

Today I went to UWS Parramatta campus to do some studying away from public libraries. I totally forgot uni students are having their break, so the place seemed like a ghost town. Compared to Macquarie (which I've been to for many excursions), UWS Parra is tiny as shit.

Which brings me to the English language. Due to the fact that it's constant, I don't think people are away just how messed up slang has become. I remember doing a maths paper and yelling "Why is this dick so hard!?", and everyone around me was like "TMI dude." But the major issue I have is with contemporary similes. E.g. An essay question was very difficult = That question was hard as shit. Now I don't know about most people, but isn't shit soft? Not like I go around pressing on shit, but it's being used totally incorrectly. Also is the word convenient totally inconvenient or what? The word easy is way more convenient.

So I was going to buy some food afterwards and realised I was 5 cents short of the price. At first I decided to haggle before realising this wasn't an Asian store. What's the most you've ever haggled from a non-Asian store? I got 10 cents off lunch from a white lady once, but that's because I rarely bother.

Is Lexi Belle hot or what?

Riddle: What has four lips, four cheeks and three holes?

Good luck for next week and remember, next time you are eating crabs, be careful of gorillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment