Gin

Gin

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Ponderisms

For the first time in my life I dread the holidays. Boring trip with family, license tests, reading Austen, sounds like crap. But the first week has been pretty good.

While watching DBZ in it's original language for the first time I've discovered it's only over 8000. For those that understood that sentence, yes, our childhoods were lies.

I went for a practice run of the P plate course today, only to fail within 15 seconds. Throughout the 2 hours of practice I managed about 20 fails. I also got to see the past results of students, with 90% being the pass mark for one aspect of the test. Some guy scored 108. Beast.

Japan has passed a bill which massively limits the types of manga and anime we get in the future. Anything that implies sex, drugs or violence among under 18s will be severely fucked by the government. I'm not a fan, but anything that implies homosexuality is to be immediately banned. 'Extremely violent' series such as anything from Shonen Jump can't be bought by people under 15 due to graphic violence. Future ecchi comedies may as well be cancelled. I fear future Evangelion movies may be in doubt.

On a good note, Gintama is coming back in April so nothing else really matters.

Happy holidays and welcome back to the cadets. I'll go back to practising kamehameha waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment