Gin

Gin

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Inception

Just watched Inception two hours ago. Before I get to a review of that, just got to get some stuff out of the way. This morning I heard my mum ask my sister where Sudan is (don't know how they got to that), and my dumb**** sister says "somewhere in Asia? Wait, New Zealand?" NEW ZEALAND!?!? The f*cking shit is she on! AHHHHH!!!!

So this morning I literally got dressed in the dark and had no clue what I was wearing. On arrival at Parra station people's gaydars were clearly going off. Looking down I realised I was wearing a pink shirt with a purple jacket. Faaaaggooot~ No wonder the manly construction workers were staring with their 'What the fu....' eyes.

Aaaanyways, so most people said that Inception was Matrix-esque; I've read that at least five times before, and I've gotta agree. Starts confusing, but once you get the kinda weird dimensional-shift-style universe the movie is set in, it's totally understandable. Lacking the action Matrix had, lots of explosions but not really any hand/hand combat. I've always hated flashbacks and the same goes for this film. Utterly depressing scenes of Cobb's past are replayed constantly throughout the film. But this doesn't disturb the pace of the film too much. Overall the film is so totally original and different I loved it; the second half was filled with true suspense. Nolan somehow made watching a car spend 25 minutes falling off a bridge exciting. I'd rate it 8.5/10, best film I paid for since...ever? I guess one distraction through the film was the unbelievably slow speed at which frozen cokes melt. 3 hours after buying it I was still drinking the damn thing, just a chunk of ice with about 20mL of coke left somewhere inside, too Asian to through it away.

P.S. If anyone saw the riddle I made up "What doubles when you reduce it?" the answer is a monobrow. Thanks to Gintama's monobrow zombies.

No comments:

Post a Comment