Gin

Gin

Monday, April 18, 2011

Anime and rock music

For those who don't know, there is a classic series called Cowboy Bebop which has been one of the highest rated animated series ever. Shown in the year 1998, it lasted 26 episodes and spawned a film and one special. However it did not exactly end there. The plot: a wild, rash, powerful guy and his calmer and more thoughtful friend travel together. Along the way they meet a young girl, and the series continues with the girl repeatedly getting kidnapped and requiring the guys to save her. The series is relatively episodic with a big resolution at the end. There is also a very funny episode involving shrooms. If this sounds familiar it's because that is also the plot of Samurai Champloo. The unoriginal creator pretty much remade the whole series in a different setting with new art design. What a noob.

While watching Kanon (2006) the other day, one particular character who was a plain bitch suddenly turned nice and cute. I was confused by the sudden deep personality change. So to the MAL forums I went. I swear, every second comment said: she is so gonna die. Why must Key do this? Does being a likeable character result in instant death? I'm now too unmotivated to watch a show bound to end in everyone dying. Warn me of any such shows in the future.

I found this pretty good quiz involving rock music knowledge. I was surprised by the amount of metal/heavy rock involved. But I only got 11. What a fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment